Artist, Writer, Teacher
Don Iannone is a writer, teacher, poet, photographer, and painter. He is the author of 7 books of poetry, 9 photography books, and 3 nonfiction books about economic development and spirituality. He is writing a personal memoir, which will be published in late 2023. Finally, he has published 28 academic and professional articles in various journals. Don worked in economic development and higher education for 35 years. Currently, he and his wife Mary provide complementary medicine services to cancer patients at Cleveland Clinic. Don also teaches graduate business courses at European based Transcontinental University. He holds an M.A. degree in Consciousness and Art, and Masters and Doctor of Divinity degrees. His education includes coursework on creativity, creative productivity, and art related to sense of place. Don is an ordained interfaith minister, Reiki Master, and mindfulness teacher. He has two sons (Jeff and Jason) and three grandsons (Evan, Griffin, and Garrett). He resides in the Chagrin Falls area in Northeast Ohio with his wife Mary and their lively cat Tilly.
As a photographer, painter, writer, and poet, I use words to create pictures and pictures to create words. My chief inspiration is a deep intuition that we are a part of a very much “alive” universe that we co-create through our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Art, as a form of human expression, helps the universe evolve in creative new directions.
Artist Career Highlights
- Workshops and lectures on creativity and consciousness and art.
- Owner, Visual Advantage Photography and Wisdom Work Press, Cleveland, OH.
- Over 12,000 photographs posted to Flickr, including 50+ chosen to appear in Flickr Explore.
- Published Poetic Alchemist Poetry Blog for two decades..
- Instructor, Writing and Photography, University of Philosophical Research, Los Angeles, CA.
- Author of nine photography books and seven poetry books.
- Former Board Member, Artists Archives of the Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH.
- M.A. in Art and Consciousness Studies.
- Other Education: Doctor of Divinity, Master of Divinity, Professional Diploma in Economic Development, and Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology.
- Member, Valley Arts Center, Chagrin Falls, OH.
- Photographs of Auburn Lakes community, ongoing exhibit in Auburn Lakes Clubhouse, 2021-present.
- Jigsaw Puzzles in the Cancer Waiting Room, Stethoscope Journal, Cleveland Clinic School of Medicine, Summer 2021.
- Jigsaw Puzzles in the Cancer Waiting Room: Exhibited in Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 2019 gallery.
- Experiencing Life’s Mystery through Photography Lecture, Sedona, AZ, November 2018.
- Spiritual Photography Exhibit, River’s Edge Retreat Center, Sisters of St. Joseph, Cleveland, 2016
- Ashtabula County at Work Photography Show, Show organizer and exhibitor, Ashtabula Arts Center, Ashtabula, Ohio, Winter 2015
- Human Trafficking Exhibit: 5 venues in Northeast Ohio, 2014-2015.
- Photographic works purchased and exhibited in several Fortune 500 corporations.
- Sense of Place Photography Lecture, River’s Edge Retreat Center, Sisters of St. Joseph, 2015.
- Organizing Team Member, Western Reserve Open Photography Competition 2013 and 2014.
- Book: “Encountering the Soul of Cleveland: Images Conveying Cleveland’s Sense of Place, May 2014.
- “Cleveland Sense of Place” Photography Exhibit at the Beachwood Branch of the Cuyahoga Public Library, May 2014.
- "Quebec Pines” Photograph accepted for Western Reserve Open Photography Competition Fall 2014.
- "Deep Winter” and “Her First Christmas without Him” Photographs accepted for AAWR Winter Art Show, February 2014.
- “Take Off” Photograph accepted for Swiss International Photography Show, January 2014.
- Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park Photography Show and Lecture, Bratenahl Place Two, 2013.
- Cleveland Photos Exhibited at University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Campus, Beachwood, 2012.
- Winter Spirit Book and Photography Lecture, Cleveland Clinic Arts and Medicine Institute, 2010.